- Dr Lorna Shaughnessy (Co-ordinator) – NUI Galway
- Dr Manuela Palacios – Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
- Dr Martín Veiga – University College Cork
- Keith Payne – Independent Poet and Translator
- Arancha Rodríguez Fernández – Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
- Jorge Rodríguez Durán – Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
- Laura Linares – University College Cork
Crosswinds: Irish and Galician Poetry and Translation is a group of scholars in Ireland and Spain who collaborate in producing publications and organising events relating to Irish and Galician poetry. Key aspects of these collaborations are their international character and the fact that they bring together academic and creative work through the practice and promotion of poetry translation. We organise and host public lectures, symposia, conferences and workshops in Ireland, the United Kingdom and Galicia, and participate in Literature Festivals.
Through our collaborations we challenge negative assumptions about the possibilities of translating poetry, and the capacity of poetry in translation to create new international readerships. In addition to scholarly articles in journals and books, our publications to date include five poetry anthologies and volumes of single author collections in translation. These have been assessed in the very competitive environments of cultural funding in both Spain and Ireland, and grant-aided by the Galician Government, the Spanish Government, the European Regional Development Fund and The Ireland Literature Exchange.
Further details are available from the group’s website: https://crosswinds.nuigalway.ie