- This event has passed.
Covid-19 Response webinar – ‘Data, Ethics and the Covid-19 Crisis’
April 23, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Update: A video recording of this session is now available.
The second seminar in our Covid-19 Response series, this session will explore questions of surveillance and social benefit in the midst of the corona virus pandemic, including data gathering and contact tracing apps, and the advantages, risks, and ethical challenges.
- Mathieu d’Aquin (Director of Insight and the Data Science Institute, NUI Galway)
- Heike Felzmann (Philosophy, NUI Galway)
- Rob Kitchin (Geography, Maynooth University)
- Karlin Lillington (Irish Times)
- Linnet Taylor (Law, Tilburg University)
The session will be chaired by Moore Institute Director, Prof Dan Carey.
You can register to join via Zoom at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_N1Tl_BxRRSyrgMJGd4WcPQ. As there are a limited number of spaces available on Zoom, the session will also be broadcast live on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/mooreinstitute/live.
The seminar will also be broadcast on FlirtFM.