The second seminar in our Covid-19 Response series, this session explores questions of surveillance and social benefit in the midst of the corona virus pandemic, including data gathering and contact tracing apps, and the advantages, risks, and ethical challenges.
- Mathieu d’Aquin (Director of Insight and the Data Science Institute, NUI Galway)
- Heike Felzmann (Philosophy, NUI Galway)
- Rob Kitchin (Geography, Maynooth University)
- Karlin Lillington (Irish Times)
- Linnet Taylor (Law, Tilburg University)
The session is chaired by Moore Institute Director, Prof Dan Carey, and was streamed live on April 23rd, 2020 over Zoom, Facebook, and on FlirtFM radio.
You can also view the first webinar in the series, which focused on Political and societal considerations in understanding the impact of Covid-19.