- This event has passed.
Webinar – Imagine Ageing: Irish Culture and Society
September 18, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This event is part of the pan-European project Gendering Age: Representations of Masculinities and Ageing in Contemporary European Literatures and Cinemas (2019-2022). It brings together six speakers from a variety of backgrounds to consider issues and themes in the representation of ageing masculinities in an Irish context. It marks the first in a planned series of webinars and events at NUI Galway/Moore Institute that will explore cultural constructions of ageing in film and literature.
- Prof. Desmond O’Neill (TCD): Ageing & the Humanities
- Dr Heather Ingman (TCD) – Ageing in Irish Literature and Criticism
- Dr Michaela Schrage-Früh (NUI Galway) – Ageing Masculinities in Irish Literature
- Anne Griffin (Writer) – Writing Male Ageing: When All is Said (2019)
- Dr Tony Tracy (NUI Galway) – Ageing and Masculinity in Contemporary Irish Film
- Dr Maggie O’Neill / Dr Aine Ni Leime (NUI Galway): Perspectives of Older Men in Ireland on Representations of Ageing
Chair: Prof. Dan Carey (Moore Institute, NUI Galway)
Organisers: Dr Tony Tracy and Dr Michaela Schrage-Früh, in association with the Moore Institute, NUI Galway
Register to attend the webinar now at Eventbrite.