Open Scholarship Forum
February 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Reshaping the Academic Self
How Open Scholarship Impacts My Research
Open Scholarship is considered a new paradigm to make research outputs and educational material accessible, accountable, and effective. It will alter our approach to academic life in many ways.
This Open Scholarship Forum will bring together institutional leaders, researchers at all stages of their careers, and the Library to look at how Open Scholarship impacts the research we conduct at our university and if we are ready to embrace the opportunities and challenges that Open Scholarship provides.
The panel discussion will be moderated by John Cox, University Librarian.
Lunch to be provided after the event.
- Jim Livesey, Open Scholarship at the University of Galway
- Louise Hannon, Open Science – What Research Funders Require
- Ciara Egan, How Open Scholarship improves my research
- Siobhán Gaughan, Research Data Management in our lab: Expectations and reality
- Dan Carey, The NORF Action Plan: Implications for the Humanities
- Hardy Schwamm, Open Access publishing agreements – success and challenges
- Panel Discussion and Q&A
Further details at: https://library.universityofgalway.ie/osf/#
To attend, please register at: https://universityofgalway.libcal.com/event/3990051/