- This event has passed.
EDEN’s Lightning Presentation Session
December 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
We would like to welcome all current postgraduate students to the final EDEN event of the semester: EDEN’s Lightning Presentation Session on Thursday 5th December in the Bridge Room – 1001 HRB.
The Lightning Presentations session is a chance for you to showcase your research, practice your presentation skills, and apply the tips and hints from gained throughout the year –all in five minutes!
You can present on any aspect of your work in any way you would like–as long as it is five minutes or less! Attendance is open and all are encouraged to join, so this is a great chance to share your research with a wider audience and network with your peers.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly or at email@example.com.
The deadline to register to present is Tuesday, December 3rd by 5pm. Please express any technical needs at this time as well.
Below are some additional guidelines for the presentations.
We look forward to seeing all the great work currently being undertaken!
EDEN Lightning Presentations
- 5 minutes MAX (You will be timed, you will be cut off)
- You may present on any aspect of your research in any way that you would like
- Panels of 3 presentations will be followed by 10 minutes of Q&A
- This is a chance to share your work with a wider audience and to learn about research being conducted in and across disciplines
- Attendance is open and staff from all disciplines are welcomed!
- At the end of the session we will announce a winner for best presentation!
Tips and Hints
- Practice your pitch and time yourself!
- Be reasonable—think about how much you can get into 5 minutes and stick to that.
- Prioritise—we know your research is a precious, complicated and multi-faceted snowflake, but what are they key points that you need to get across to a general audience?
- Be focused—maybe you can’t cover your whole topic in one case study, but you can highlight your methodology or one aspect of your research.
- Use any visual aids wisely.
Registration for participation closes at 5 pm on Tuesday 3rd December. Notification for any AV or technical needs must be expressed by this time!
Feel free to invite your supervisor, friends or family!
As per usual, we expect to adjourn to a local hostelry for post presentation pints. All Welcome.