- This event has passed.
EDEN Peer Review Workshop
March 19 @ 3:00 pm
Back by popular demand!
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2020 EDEN Peer Review workshop, to be held on Thursday, 19th of March, 15.00 (venue tbc).
This is an excellent chance to get feedback on works in progress in any form and at any stage of development. Whether it is a chapter draft, a journal article or a conference paper, take the opportunity to run your writing by a warm and supportive audience of your peers!
The deadline for writing submissions will be Friday, 6th of March 2020. We are also happy to accept expressions of interest for those that may not have writing but would still like to participate by acting as peer reviewers.
- Researchers at any stage of their PhD may submit a piece for review.
- Submissions can be any form (ex. academic essay, journal article, conference paper, thesis chapter).
- Submissions may be at any stage of completion (ex. first draft, final draft, selection from a larger piece).
- Submissions must be a maximum of 7,000 words.
- All those submitting pieces for review will be expected to attend the peer review session and act as a peer reviewer as well.
- Anyone is welcome to act as a peer reviewer!
- Peer reviewers must commit to reading one writing submission and writing a peer review for that submission.
- We ask peer reviewers to read Patrick Lonergan’s article on reviewing (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10486801.2015.992246) and to conform to the best practices as outlined in this article.
- The written peer reviews should be 750-1,500 words with a printed copy brought into the session to give to the author.
- All those reviewing are expected to attend the peer review workshop session.
The deadline for expressions of interest (either submission or peer review) is Friday 6h March 2020. To apply, email email@example.com with ‘EDEN Peer Review Session’ as the subject line. Those submitting pieces to be workshopped should attach the piece to be reviewed with their expression of interest.
Working groups will be assigned and reviewers will receive their pieces for review by Monday, 9th March.
If you have any questions, please contact Máiréad directly or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!