- This event has passed.
Covid-19: The Crisis in India
May 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In this special webinar, colleagues living in India and observing the situation closely will report on the devastating impact of the crisis during the latest phase of the pandemic. Issues addressed will include the public health situation, the loss life, grief and funerals, rural vs. urban India, regional variation, the political response, and education.
- Prof. Kanchana Mahadevan (University of Mumbai)
- Dr Sanjay Nagral (Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai)
- Dr Srinivas Raghavendran (NUI Galway)
- Aveek Sen (journalist in Kolkata)
- Dr Archana Venkatesh (Clemson University)
Chair: Prof. Daniel Carey (NUI Galway)
To attend, please register via: https://nuigalway-ie.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_omWY4L5cR0C9ts6DdGz9fg. The session will also be broadcast live on the Moore Institute’s Facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/events/899704087547026/