Recordings from our recent webinar, Normal People: A View from the West, which took place on June 17th, 2020 are now available.
Sally Rooney’s novel Normal People (2018) and its 12-part TV adaptation this year have generated a remarkable response in Ireland, the UK, the US and beyond. This online discussion considers the book, its representation in the series directed by Lenny Abrahamson and Hetti Macdonald, and the cultural phenomenon associated with them.
- Keith Duggan (Irish Times)
- Patrick Lonergan (NUI Galway)
- Mehar Luthra (NUI Galway)
- Charlotte McIvor (NUI Galway)
- Diane Negra (UCD)
- Adrian Paterson (NUI Galway)
- Maria Tivnan (NUI Galway)
- Justin Tonra (NUI Galway)
- Tony Tracy (NUI Galway)
Chair: Daniel Carey (NUI Galway)
The session was broadcast live on June 18th, 2020 via Zoom and on the Moore Institute’s Facebook page at facebook.com/mooreinstitute/live.